About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Monday 24 February 2014

A bit of sewing a bit of cooking

Up until last Tuesday my sewing room door was propped open with this.

How funny is it that you can see me in the spoon.

I have been wanting to make a door stop for ages so I made two while I was at it. They are huge and heavy but let me tell you the wind blows down here at Port Elliot and the doors slam, so at least my sewing room and our bedroom are safe.

Gemma needed a new work bag and they were down for the weekend so I quickly made this after tea on Saturday.

It was my neighbours birthday over the weekend so a kit Kat cake was called for.

We got a dog door last week and it is proof you CAN teach an old dog new tricks because at 13 Bella mastered the door quickly.

This is Honey with all of us and a treat on the other side trying to get her to come inside. It took a LOT of treats but she finally got it.

 

 

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

I got a sugar high just looking at that Kit Kat cake!! Love Gemma's new bag - gosh that little Honey is cute! I don't think even the wind in your neck of the woods will shift your doors with those bad boys holding them back!

Susan said...

All such wonderful photos Leanne! The kit-kat cake looks delicious, your door stops will do the trick with style and Gemma's bag is lovely! But Honey melted my heart! What a cutie! Take care....

Daisy Jayne said...

I have put on a few kilograms just looking at your cake....Honey is just to cute. you have been busy

julieQ said...

Yummy treats there! I love that your sweet doggy comes through her door!!

Lorrie said...

Love your doorstops. They look like they would hold firmly. The fabric is great.

Shay said...

I want some of that Kit Kat cake ...seriously!

Love your weekend efforts - the door stops look tres chic and Gemma's bag is lovely!

(and you talk about me getting a lot done ?????)

Shirley said...

Oh! I am trying so hard not to eat chocolate and now I want some. That cake looks divine. That would put my diet back a bit. What did you use in your doorstops to add weight? Good idea. Could use one for our caravan door..

seabreezequilts said...

Great effort in the sewing room. Send a bit of enthusiasm my way think I've lost the sewing mojo.

Sue SA said...

Can I move next door to you? Yum! Love the door stops, what did you fill them with? Cute bag for Gemma, impressed you whipped that up so quickly. Glad the dogs got the hang of their new door !

Locket Pocket said...

Gosh you've been busy! I just love the fabric for the doorstops and they look so heavy! Please can you post me a slice of that delicious cake? I'm sure it would get through customs ok! Xx

Our photos said...

What a lovely photo of the dog.
Have a nice sunday!

Jan said...

You've been such a busy bee, Leanne! All such lovely things. Next time you come to Ballarat you'd better bring some Kit Kat cake!

Jenny said...

That is SOME cake! Love the bag and door stoppers. Glad Honey finally got the hang of the doggy door

giaonhan247 said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ trang ebay vn cùng với dịch vụ mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.