About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Tuesday 3 March 2009

My World Tuesday # 9 Port Adelaide


This is truly my world, my father was a professional fisherman I can remember trips to Port Adelaide with him to buy rope and nets and putting the boat on the slipway.
I now live 5 minutes away from Port Adelaide.

A walk around the Port

Sadly the Port is changing and not always for the best. Not too long ago there would have been boats moored here. This bridge would open up to let boats through a little inconvenient at times but nice to sit and watch the boats go through.

A walk around the Port

Then the government built this really ugly bridge which only opens twice a day on weekends and once a day through the week and moved the boat mooring further down the river, the slip way that I remember from my child hood has closed. The tugs were always moored here just along side the bridge.
I expect it is called progress.

A walk around the Port

A walk around the Port

Once a thriving Port all the Wool stores are now closed.

A walk around the Port

They have been made into trendy apartments.

A walk around the Port

There were hundreds of these jelly fish close to the wharf on Saturday when I went for a walk I am not sure why.

A walk around the Port

and it wouldn't be a walk in the Port without some seagulls.

A walk around the Port

so that is my world join others showing their world here.

No comments: