About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Friday 28 December 2007

Out and about with Clarice

Our mornings have been beautiful the last few days. we have been having hot days today is 36 degrees Yesterday I was up early and went out to take some photos, at the moment the flowering gums are gorgeous I love them for lots of reasons. They come in lots of different colours so here are some snaps.







Even my friends the parrots like them.
Flowering gums like these were the inspiration for May Gibbs and her lovely books about Snugglepot and Cuddlepie.



3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful blossoms leanne.......thanks for sharing.....oh but I don't want the heat we have had a very MILD summer so far so it must be coming to get even.......look out here comes January........

dutchcomfort said...

The blossoms look so wonderful! I would love some of the warm wheather, I’m shivering all day with cold bones in my body. I try to get warm under my quilt with some knitting projects!

Crafty Things said...

Your photos of the blossoms are terrific. Love the adventures of the monkey.