About Me

My photo
Married to Tony mother to 2 children Lucas 23, Gemma 26 & her boyfriend Sean. Carer for 2 crazy Jack Russells. I'm dyslexic so excuse any mistakes. The Stitching Room is where I spend my time playing with Clarice (my camera) and Bernie (my sewing machine). Come on in and see what I'm up to.

Sunday 11 November 2007

Great Post

Last week I went to the letter box expecting only bills and look what was waiting for me a lovely surprise from Gail. She did this stitchery at Glenharrow Stitching Day and as she is a lover of blue did it again in blue so I was lucky enough to get the red one. It is really lovely to receive a stitchery done by someone else. I will now have to do some serious consideration on what I will make of it. She also sent me a needle punch pattern which is something that I haven't tried.

It is REMEMBRANCE DAY in Australia so at 11 am let us all give a thought to all those who have fought and died for our country.

I have also been tagged by May Britt.

The rules are: Answer the following on your blog and then let five other bloggers know that you have tagged them to complete the meme.

1. When did you start to create and make craft?
I expect I started sewing when I was around 16 I did it as a subject in my final year of school. I had always liked making things I spent many hours of my childhood with my father who was really handy making things in the shed. I still have a little hammer my father gave me.

2. Why did you start creating?
I love the feeling when you have made something from start to finish I think it is the feeling of accomplishing something.

3. Why do you create?
Once again that great feeling of starting and finishing something.

4. What do you create?
I mainly sew but I do love making other things I made a wooden bird cage you can see the edge if it in the photo I took in my post of 27/10/2007. I am really happy that my son is good with his hands we have made several things together e.g. a stand for his aquarium. I made the lead light windows for our old house - mind you it was only 4 windows and they were quite simple.

5. Has this changed since you began crafting?
Not really if I see something and think I can make it I will have a go. I am not very good at drawing so if I see something I like I very rarely change a pattern or it's colours.

I am supposed to tag 5 people which I find really hard as most of the people I would have tagged have already been tagged - I am leaving this open for anyone to join in.

12 comments:

Sweet P said...

What a gorgeous redwork stitchery. Great progress on your Journal quilt. I'm waiting to start mine until we buy a new house and then I'll record our first year in the house.

Sheri said...

Your red work is very pretty.
Sheri

May Britt said...

Thanks for playing along . I have not done much more on my stitchery. I'm in a kind of making christmas gifts mood. So I'll save it for later.

Locket Pocket said...

How lucky to get such a great stitchery gift - I love that design and I'm waiting for it to come out as a pattern. Lucy x

May Kristin said...

What a great gift you got in your mailbox! It is a very pretty stitchery! I am still working on mine! Look forward to see what you will do with it!

meggie said...

Lovely little stitchery.
Nice answers.

Juliann in WA said...

What a lucky girl to recieve that lovely stitchery.

corry said...

What a nice gift, so beautiful! I'm sure you gonna make something wonderful with it!

Annie said...

It's so exciting to get delicious post instead of boreing old bills. Lucky You. I was interested in your history of creating.

Hanne said...

What a lovely gift you have got :-)
Your 12 days of Christmas stitchery is lovely too !

Beertje Zonn said...

What a lovely Post! It is a very pretty stitchery!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands

carjug said...

I want input on my website:
www.geocities.com/carjug
It is a color-reading site. spend 20 minutes reading the poems, then e-mail me. I want to know if it "works" for you, and if you have to read aloud for meaning. If you have a decoding issue you may have the first fluent reading experience of your life.
carjug@yahoo.com
A male knitter who makes hummingbird feeders out of mason's twine and soy sauce bottles!